Sunday, February 26, 2012

Challenges at Scrap Orchard

A little late for this post...but not too late to join in!  I'm hosting two challenges this month at Scrap Orchard.  First, What The Font?  I love font challenges because I am a font addict!  You can pick up this cute font on WM Squared blog for free.

And now...for the photos of Ava's black eye.  A couple weeks ago she was playing on the playground at school.  I guess she was in the sandbox and reached for something outside the sandbox and fell (face first) into the side of the wooden sandbox.  I got a phone call from her teacher saying she was pretty scared and wanted her mommy.  Well, I kind of just figured it was just one of those mommy moments when she needed me and wanted to be comforted.  I wasn't really prepared for what I saw once I got there.  I quickly realized I needed to take her to the emergency room!  Of course, the one day I absolutely need it...I ran out of the house without it...I didn't have my phone!  So I used the phone at the school to call my mother to have her meet us at the ER so she could take Aiden and Bella and I could focus all my attention on Ava.  We ran home really quickly to grab a few comforts for Ava...she wanted her fluffy blanket and her pillow pet, and I grabbed my phone.  Four hours later...we were on our way...no major injuries, CAT scan was clean...just a really ugly bruise and some scrapes.  I'm happy to say that it is almost completely healed now!  We prayed for her eye every day...and Ava goes around telling everyone that Jesus healed her eye.  What a testimony for a 5yr old to give!
Click on the image for full credits.
This layout features this lovely kit from Designs by Kat.
Come join me in the forums HERE and play along with the "What the Font?" Challenge at SO

I'm also hosting the Half and Half Challenge.  This was really fun to do...I picked these two layouts as my inspiration...and turned it into one page!
 

 
I just LOVE this kit collection from Dream Big Designs!  It fit my little girls perfectly!
Of course there is a story attached to that layout...not sure if you can read the journaling.  It reads:

My little princesses were even princesses camping...they took their dresses camping!  Well, in all fairness, we bought them at the thrift store while we were waiting for the tires and breaks to be fixed on the van.  But almost as soon as the tent was up, my girls went straight for the princess dresses.  We were at family camp with our church and everyone got a kick out of the royalty prancing around the campground.
August 2011 

It's these times that make life with kids so fun....so priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment